And

Maybe you had an unproductive day. Maybe you've been feeling sad or stuck or anxious.

But you aren't only that. Every situation has an AND. There's good and bad everywhere. It's not just black and white.


I realized that today. I've been avoiding some stuff because I know it'll make me anxious. But thinking back, some of the most anxious things have also been the things I enjoy most. (Take Mission Week at church a couple weeks ago, as an easy example). There's an AND in there. There is good and bad. I can enjoy things that also terrify me.

Let's pretend it's your grandmother's birthday today, but she passed away a few years ago. You don't have to only feel sad. You're not bound to that one emotion. There's an AND. You can be happy about her memories and the life she led. The happiness and sadness don't negate each other.

Let's say you got in an argument with your dad, sure. Maybe you feel distraught or angry or guilty or whatever kind of bad things. But there's an AND. You can feel motivated and sure of yourself or open-minded.

Embrace the AND. Be all of it.




No comments