Spit Take

The Princess Diaries with Anne Hathaway is a top notch movie. Seriously funny. Clever. Full of awesome actors.
It came out in 2001, so I was a ten-year-old. Literally perfect timing for a movie like that. It was "cool" but also its rated G, so everybody's happy. I think every girl my age has teen that movie about ten times and can rattle off a few of their favorite lines. 

Fast forward a few years to sophomore year of high school. I was sitting at lunch with my friend Katie and we were reciting the whole movie. It got to the part when she's at a formal dinner for the first time and they put the green glob by food in front of her. She takes a huge bite, didn't realize it's actually frozen, and silently freaks out.


My friend Katie reenacted t perfectly, and I laughed so hard I spewed a mouthful of water directly at her. Before that moment I didn't realize spit takes were a real thing. I thought they were just a dramatic funny thing people do on sketch comedy shows. But nope, they're real, and they can happen to anyone. 

That girl Katie and I slowly became less close of friends, and we've completely lost touch by now BUT I am happy to report it has nothing to do with the spit take. 

No comments