Onward and Upward


Last week's goals:

1. Vacuum every room. (A) I did it.

2. Clean each bathroom thoroughly. (A) I did it.

3. Dust. (D) I only dusted the living room.

4. Clean the oven and refrigerator, inside and out. (C) I cleaned the oven (even looked up a tutorial on youtube for it) but not the fridge. Wait never mind, before I actually publish the post, I'm going to go wipe down the outside of the fridge real quick. New grade: (B)



Goals for 1/18/16-1/24/16


1. Cook three dinners from scratch. I like cooking and I feel accomplished when I cook. Unfortunately I've gotten into a rut of "cooking" mostly frozen meals. Brian doesn't complain but that's only because he's never picky. Sometimes he prepares dinner for me, but when I work late he usually chooses to just eat an apple instead of cooking for himself.

2. Read 4 chapters of Blue Like Jazz. I have often said, "I hate reading." I'm very slow at it, and I don't always comprehend what I read, which leads to re-reading a paragraph five times in a row, and lots of frustration. This is why I was a math major. I asked for this book for Christmas in 2013 and still haven't finished it. I've started it twice, and made it to about chapter 6 each time. It's good, but also I'm lazy.

3. Pick up the guitar again. I learned guitar in 2011 and loved it. I annoyed my college roommate to death practicing usually an hour a day. Yes, every day. Now I can't imagine doing anything for an entire hour every day. I literally haven't opened up my guitar case since I moved into my house last May. That's embarrassing and it's about to change.

No comments