Technology Week

On Mondays I'll set some goals for the week and I'll rate myself on completion of last week's goals. Last week I didn't have any formalized goals since I was out wandering in a blogless life. This week my goals are all technology related, because I desperately need to finally organize my digital life.

Here are my goals for 1/4/16 to 1/10/16:

  1. Get all of my music from my old computer onto the new one. I got a computer in 2009 and it is dangerously close to dying. A couple months ago, Brian and I finally invested in a "family computer" that we share. The only problem is, I have not done a good job transferring my files to the new one. I need to get a move on before my old computer really does quit on me. Also, I'm excited to finally update my phone with the music I want on it.
  2. Get all of my photos from my old computer organized onto the new one. All the same reasons as listed above, but also a key word here is "organize." My photos from high school and college are a jumbled mess on the old computer, so it may take several hours to sort them into folders. Yikes.
  3. Organize my work computer. I've gotten into a terrible habit of saving everything onto the desktop at work. I'm going to organize all the lessons and activities I've written onto the shared drive so that even if it gets lost on my own computer, I can find it to reuse next year. 

No comments