Finish February Strong

Two people I admire (my incredible friend Lauren and my high school English teacherhave separately told me that February is consistently the worst month of every year. The freshness of the year has worn of. It's cold and dark with no glimpses of spring yet. There are no school holidays. It's the shortest month but feels the longest. 
This year I think I've done pretty well at beating the February Blues, and I'm planning to finish strong. 

I mostly accomplished all my goals last week:
1. File Taxes. (A) We filed together. We are impatiently waiting for our wonderful check to come in the mail. 
2. Organize my desk and filing cabinet. (A-) It's about 95% done. The filing cabinet is all organized. I moved a bunch of clutter out of the desk into my craft supplies. There's just two more things I don't know where to put them, so they moved from the desk to the dining table, which is not an improvement. 
3. Finish joining finances with Brian. (B) Well, our first joint account was a Starbucks account. We finally are on the same car insurance payment. I didn't finish joining our bank accounts but I did start the process and it should be approved/finalized this week. 


New Goals for 2/22/16 to 2/28/16:

1. Only one treat per day. I love sweets and I love chips. And it doesn't help that I work in a children's ministry with never ending candy supply. It's very possible in any given day I'll eat three deserts and two servings of chips. Normally I'm all about treating yourself, but I've finally gained enough weight that my pants are getting tighter. Oops. I don't really want to loose much weight, maybe two pounds and stay there, just for the sake of keeping my clothes.
2. Find a new fancy dress. Brian and I have an elegant fancy schmancy event to attend this Saturday night, but I only found out about it a few days ago. Normally I order clothes online to find a good cheap deal, and return whatever I dislike. Unfortunately in this case I don't have time for trial and error. I hate shopping in person.
3. Take more pictures. Essentially the #1 reason I started this blog was to get better at documenting my own everyday memories. My picture taking habits (or lack therof) have not developed in any way. That's gotta change soon, for the sake of Foto Friday if nothing else.


Do you have any goals for the week?  Comment a link to your blog so I can see! (Unless you are Currently Kelli, in which case I check your blog every day anyway)

1 comment