Mom Never Sleeps

Foto Friday has arrived yet again. I took this photo a week ago, right after my mom had foot surgery.
The surgery wasn't really a huge deal, she's totally fine, and healing in a boot for a few weeks. 
The reason this photo is hilarious: she had just woken up from anesthesia, and I was the "responsible adult" who had to sign her out and take her home. When the nurse saw me she was like "Your mom is very awake. I have never seen someone this awake right after surgery. Is she always... Awake?" 

Yes. My mom never sleeps. 

This face my mom frequently makes in photos is called Crazy Eyes. My whole family naturally smiles with our eyes almost closed, and we're still working on a remedy for it... Crazy Eyes will have to do for now.

I went under anesthesia only once, in 2009, for my wisdom teeth extraction. Afterwards I was SO sleepy, and I couldn't stop drooling (I think that was from the numbness though...). Have you ever gone under anesthesia? What was it like for you when you woke up?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. When I had surgery a few years ago, I woke up from anesthesia and immediately burst into tears, weeping uncontrollably. I remember being scared because I didn't know why I was crying! I asked the nurse what was happening to me and she said it was a normal reaction.. people usually wake up laughing, yelling/cussing out the nurses, or bawling. This is probably why your mom's nurse was taken aback.. they're not used to people waking up and being like themselves so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah the nurses must get sick of dealing with overly emotional people! Or maybe they learn to just be entertained by it...

      Delete