Don't Freak Out

Happy Monday! This past week my head was completely spinning with so much to do, moving to a new apartment. This upcoming week will be busy and crazy too, and I want to make sure my head doesn't keep spinning.

Last Week's Goals:
1. Clean all the blinds, windows, and baseboards. (C) I didn't do the baseboards or the outside or the windows. 
2. Totally organize the new kitchen efficiently. (A) We moved into a smaller kitchen with fewer cabinets and no pantry, but we managed to still have two empty cabinets!
3. Put up shelves in the bathroom. (A) Brian did a great job, and I got some cute little storage bins from Target to keep our stuff in. I was so worried since our bathroom had no place for our towels... but it's perfect!



This Week's Goals:

1. Get all of my usual work done by Wednesday at noon. Thursday I'm taking a vacation day and going on a trip to visit my brother, so I don't my usual duties to be stressing me out. 
2. Pack, check-in, and time out our travel times ahead of time. It's a terrible feeling when you have to haphazardly throw together a suitcase and then you're stuck with mismatched, poorly planned clothes. I've done that a few too many times before going to visit my grandparents. I'm going to get my suitcase packed for chilly weather with plenty of time to spare.
3. Be wise but not stingy with money. We're going on a trip! It's gotta be fun! I don't want us to worry about money constantly, but I also don't want to splurge way too much. My brother scored our plane tickets for $11 each, so our only expenses will be airport parking and 5 days of food, which is an awesome blessing and we should enjoy it. 

4 comments

  1. Any way you can Uber to SS MARTA station and avoid airport parking fee?? Query from your annoying friend in urban affairs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought about it! But our flights are at HORRIBLE times (flying out at 6:30am and getting back at midnight) so we might instead park at a shuttle location like The Parking Spot.

      Delete
  2. Also: might be totally stealing that bathroom shelf idea, ijs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian will be delighted that you admired his hard work

      Delete