Straight and Narrow Path to Recovery

Last Week's Goals:

1. Get all of my usual work done by Wednesday at noon. (A-) I got almost everything done by noon, then finished up a few last things and left work by 4. So I beat rush hour and had extra time to get in the zone before traveling. 
2. Pack, check-in, and time out our travel times ahead of time. (A+) Everything worked out perfectly. We parked at an off-site lot and took a shuttle to the airport. We got to the airport at 4:45am, security opened at 5am, we got through security by 5:20, bot to our gate and got coffee by 6am, and boarded the plane ay 6:20. Also, by some miracle I packed the perfect suitcase. I used every single article of clothing, and the only thing I lacked was one more pair of socks.
3. Be wise but not stingy with money. (B) I think we did a reasonable job, but it's hard to find the balance between one or two good fun splurges versus spending way way too much. 



Next Week's Goals:
It's all about recovery here! We ate unhealthy food, slept very little, and spent more money than usual. Time to balance. 
1. Eat healthy. I just spent five days straight eating delicious fattening foods. Brian and I just went to the grocery store and got tons of fresh healthy stuff to make up for it.
2. Sleep more. This goal will be easy once I make it back to my routine. I normally get over 8 hours every night, but on our recent trip to Seattle we were getting close to just 5 or 6 hours thanks to jet lag and a noisy barking puppy. 
3. No unnecessary expenses. May was such an expensive month. Moving to a new apartment is crazy expensive (administration fee, deposit, truck rental, etc.) and even though our vacation was really reasonable it was still much more than just staying home. 

No comments