None of My Business

When I was a dummy I thought I could map out and predict my every major life decision, years in advance.

When I was graduating high school I had made up a whole life plan I could dream up for the next decade. Basically I just peered into my crystal ball and decided exactly what future I wanted. 

Of course I never felt tied to the plan, I knew it wouldn't turn out exactly like my predictions, but I was certain I was working towards the right thing. The things I had plucked out of nowhere in my mind seemed like great reasonable goals. 

Thankfully my life looks nothing like how I imagined it years ago. I didn't get married at age 21, teach high school for two years and then have a kid. I can't even imagine that right now. Definitely not the right path for me.  Goals evolve and plans change for the better. But I still have this insane urge to plan the next decade. I need to know exactly when I'll finish paying off my student loans, exactly what month we'll have saved up a down payment on a house, and exactly what our jobs will be a few years from now. It's really none of my business yet.  

No comments