Seattle (Part 2)

We interrupt your regularly Mission Monday for a Storytime Sunday. I've got more to share about our recent trip to Seattle.

On our second day in Seattle, Friday, my brothers had to work a half day in the morning so Brian and I took an Uber to go do the super-touristy things. First was Pike Place Market. We got there by 7am and it wasn't crowded. When we first arrived, a man at a produce stand gave us a slice of what we thought was an apple. We each plopped it in our mouths and then were very startled when it was a soft plum. Still tasty though.



The whole market experience was so awesome I couldn't stop talking about it and Brian was constantly asking me to play it cool. But who were we kidding? Only tourists go there at all. Seriously nobody was a local. The people who worked there asked us where we were from and when we said "Atlanta," they always responded "Hotlanta!" We ate at a restaurant inside the market. We admired the tens of thousands of flowers, and the great displays of fresh seafood.

Then we walked to the Space Needle. Luckily it was a pretty clear day and we could see clear across the harbor. We couldn't see Mount Ranier though, so Brian was a little disappointed. It was neat though. They took our photo behind a green screen which we thought was really cheesy and awesome. They also had a camera set up to take out photo with a wide angle which was kinda cool too.




After the Space Needle, what we really loved was the Chihuly Glass Museum. It was stunning. Amazing. Awe-inspiring. Brian already shared details about it in another post.




Then Matlock and Nate met up with us for lunch and we ate at the restaurant attached to the Chilhuly museum. After lunch we took a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island. We ate at a cute crepe restaurant and we walked around Fort Ward Park. Brian skipped rocks on the ocean and I hummed to myself Taylor Swifts, "Starlight."





We took the ferry ride back from Bainbridge to Seattle, picked up Mickey the cutest puppy ever, and went to Discovery Park and walked to the lighthouse and back. I thought we were going on like a 1 or 2 mile walk on 65 degree weather, so I mistakenly wore jeans and a flannel. But in reality it was a 6 mile mountainous in 80 degree weather. So basically I was miserable and my legs were about to fall off.














We got home, showered, changed, and went to a neato Italian restaurant called Agrodulce for dinner. There was a large tree inside, and they made homemade pasta. Then we were completely exhausted. I think the boys watched a movie on the TV while I fell asleep on the couch.

Tomorrow I'll finish up with "Seattle (Part 3)" ... by this time I was very tired and took far fewer pictures, so get ready to read read read!

No comments