Three Things Every Thursday

Thursdays are by far my favorite day of the work week. These are three things I do every Thursday. 


1. Print out all my lesson plans and sort them into color coded bins and distribute all the necessary craft supplies. It feels good to see my week of work turn into a real tangible ready-to-go lesson. 
2. Make one example of every craft. One or two crafts per grade, Kindergarten through 5th grade... That's usually 8 to 10 example crafts to make. It takes up a hour or two, and afterwards I always feel a little more calm, productive, and just plain happy. 
3. Freak out that I need a few substitute teachers. Email twenty different parents begging them to sub. Find substitutes. Rejoice! 

Then I get home and I'm so happy because it's the weekend! Since I work Sunday's, I get Friday's off and it's the best perk of the job. So... Happy "Friday" y'all! 

No comments