The Responsible Thing to Do

Last week's goals went okayish. 
1. Take advantage of down time at work. (B+) Every day I felt like I got a lot done, but I still am less than halfway to recruiting all fifty Subday School teachers I need for next year. 
2. Drink two water bottles at work daily. (C) I drank more water than usual but I never once managed to actually finish off the second water bottle before dinner. 
3. Plan a super fun Friday! (A+) Friday was completely fun- we went to TopGolf and we cooked enchiladas and had a game night. 



I've got GOALS for this week that I actually really do want to complete. I will feel so responsible with my time and money if I can accomplish all this:

1. Spend under $30 on groceries, and no other money at all. I spent an annoying amount of money last weekend because Sara was visiting and we wanted to do fun things. Gotta make up for it somewhere. We usually spend $70 a week on groceries, but we have a couple freezer meals stocked up so hopefully we will survive by just buying basics (coffee, apples, goldfish, can't-live-without kinda stuff). 
2. Edit a bunch of footage I shot last weekend. I used to shoot videos all the time and I was notorious for procrastinating the heck out of editing. It's pretty fun but it's also easy for someone to get sucked into a black hole of perfectionism. 
3. Start registration for my summer camp. By far the biggest duty in my job description is the missions themed summer day camp I put on for preteens. I've gotten our projects sorted out and I need to start signup and recruit chaperones.  

2 comments

  1. You're so good at editing video, though. You have a real knack for expressing humor through your editing choices. Also, $30 for groceries, $70/wk usually? I am impressed and ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's $70 if Brian shops with me. More like $90 if I get to go alone... Hehe whoops I have no self control. This week we're eating up all the stuff that's piled in our freezer and pantry already. We will survive!

      Delete