Three Things I Love About "The Bachelor"

I used to think that watching The Bachelor was my "guilty pleasure." But now I don't actually feel guilty at all. It's just fascinating and entertaining for legitimate reasons. I have seen every episode of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette for the bast several seasons, so I guess you could call me an expert. I have a great time every week laughing at the show's self-aware cheesiness and ridiculousness. Here's why it's so great.


1. Overanalyzing the politics of it all. I love being judgmental of which girls are real, which girls were hired actresses to be insane, and which ones are just there for gaining Instagram followers and a chance at their own next season as the lead.
2. Admiring the producers' manipulation of us. It makes me so excited and frustrated when we notice voiceovers and sound clips that are taken out of context to completely twist the story in the teaser trailers.
3. Time with my pals. Watching a social experiment has become a social event. I usually watch with my friends Anna and Lauren, so it's good to actually see friends every week. If we can't meet up, then it's just a fun thing to watch at home with Brian.

1 comment

  1. I agree with all of these! Do you read Sharleen (from Juan Pablo's season) 's blog? She recaps the episodes with the insight of a former contestant, pointing out all the producer manipulation she sees.. it's super interesting. (alltheprettypandas.com) Thanks for introducing me to The Bachelor. It's all your fault.

    ReplyDelete