A Lesson From Toes

Last night I was looking at my toes. I painted my nails three days ago and almost all the nails still look really good. Except two of the nails have no trace of nail polish at all. Clean gone. It literally looks like I gave myself a fresh pedicure but forgot two toes.

Maybe it's the way I walk. Maybe it's my socks or shoes rubbing some unlucky way to remove the polish perfectly. I don't know. It makes no sense. 

But maybe those toes are really smart. They know they look good without polish. They know they don't need polish covering them up, weighing them down, disguising when they need to be cut. 

You don't need polish. You dont need to cover up or tone down your thoughts, opinions, dreams, and needs. Your real natural self is better understood, better appreciated, and better cared for. 

No comments