Celebrate Good Times

This is my 103rd blog post! I got so wrapped up in the day-to-day that I didn't even realize when I rolled over the big 1-0-0. Happy hundred to me :)

Last week's goals:

1. Practice lettering every day. (A) I did it every day except yesterday, and I had a lot of fun, doodling and squiggling out letters. A very calming new hobby... maybe I'll keep it up.
2. Start packing and purging. (A+) We did so well. We took a packed carload of stuff to Goodwill, we threw away a bunch of stained and outworn junk, and re returned a bunch of stuff that actually belongs to my parents. I think we literally purged about 20% of the stuff in our whole home. 
3. Clean every floor. (B) I did pretty well, except the vacuum cleaner was giving me trouble and I never got to vacuum our bedroom. I think the rotating spinner-brush mechanism thingy is broken. Whatever. 


This week's goals:

Celebrate good times! Brian and I have a lot to be thankful for this week. We think we'll sign a lease to our new apartment, The Mindy Project comes back on TV, Kimmy Schmidt comes back on Netflix, I somehow managed to post every day for 103 days straight so far, it's my BFF's birthday, it's Brian's BFF's birthday, fresh corn is back in season, the list goes on. This week my goals are about enjoying this happy week:
1. Don't stress over going out to eat. We limit ourselves on eating out and we usually fret over how much we spend. But this is a week to celebrate our friends and celebrate our new home. We're going to dinner Friday at a new restaurant for my friend Paige's birthday and we're not going to care that it costs money because its fine. We're responsible and it's okay to spend a little extra on something extra special.
2. Leave work at 5pm every day. Usually about twice a week I get caught up at work and get sucked into a vortex of emails and lesson plans and crafts that lasts later than it should. Not this week. I'm going to make sure I come home to relax on time. 
3. Invent a couple new outfits. Isn't it always kind of satisfying when you look in your closet and put a few pieces together that you never before realized could go well together? It's the little things that give you a little extra reason to be happy in the morning.
4. Drink coffee whenever I feel like it. I usually only drink coffee once or maybe twice a week because I really don't want to get addicted. But I like the way it tastes and feels, even if I don't feel like I need it in order to wake up. I will not deny myself coffee this week.




No comments