Worst Haircut Ever

I went through a phase in high school and college when I would grow my hair to elbow-length and then get 10 inches cut to donate to Pantene. I think I did it about three or four times, and I guess I'll get to do it again in about a year.

When my hair was long, it was very long, would get caught in my elbows when I tried to brush it over my shoulders, and I could only wear it wavy or curly, because it takes literally over an hour to straighten. Also note how terrible dark and over-edited I made my pictures back in 2010:


When I would get haircuts (by the same lady who has cut my hair since I was ten) she would usually cut it just barely longer than my chin, so that when it curls up it's still chin-length. Here I am showing off my new haircut and my Running Bear pin. (Running Bear is my favorite goofy song we would sing/scream at Agnes Scott.)


This was usually the shortest it would ever get... until one fateful terrible cut.

 The worst haircut in the world! Who the heck would ever go to a hairdresser and ask for an ear-length haircut? You're welcome for this wonderful picture of my brief depression.

Anyway, if you're ever considering donating your hair, I'd totally recommend using Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Since it's a small part of Pantene, such an enormous company, they can use all the hair to make wigs for cancer patients. There are rumors that some other organizations have to sell some of the hair to take care of their overhead costs, which is totally understandable and I'm not mad about it, but I just like knowing that my own hair went to someone in need.

Just make sure you have enough hair to have a chin-length haircut leftover for yourself!

1 comment

  1. "You're welcome for this wonderful picture of my brief depression." #iconic

    ReplyDelete