Slow and Steady

Last weeks goals went pretty okay, if you ask me to judge for myself:

1. Spend under $30 on groceries, and no other money at all. (B)
I could have made this goal an A+ if I was into being a stickler for the rules. On Monday I spent $22 measly dollars in groceries, and those groceries lasted us through Saturday morning. I could have used those last 8 dollars to make a trip to the grocery just make a casserole that would last us Saturday and Sunday... but I decided it'd be a waste of time to go to the grocery and not do our "real shopping," so I already spent our whole grocery budget for the next week. 
2. Edit a bunch of footage I shot last weekend. (B) I am SO close to being done. It's a lot of footage of us giggling at nothing really. Chiseling away, will upload this week. 
3. Start registration for my summer camp. (A+) Registration opened, sign-ups hit me like a truck, and my camp is already halfway full. I'm getting excited. I put on this camp last year, not knowing very many kids or parents since I was new to the job. This year I feel much more prepared, confident, and excited since I know the kiddos already. 




This week I just want to take it slow and steady:
1. Practice lettering every day. I recently followed a bunch of calligraphers on Instagram for no reason other than their mesmerizing little videos of beautiful letters practically falling out of their brush pens. I've tried, and I'm getting better, but I haven't invested enough time to feel very proud of what I can produce.
2. Start packing and purging. Brian and I have to move in about six weeks. There's plenty of stuff I can pack up that we won't miss in the next few weeks (like, everything christmas, our yearbooks, board games, my collection of vases, etc). I also want to take a few loads of stuff to Goodwill. Better now than later.
3. Clean every floor. We keep our house very tidy, so it never "feels" dirty, which allows me to go weeks between vacuuming. Gross, I know, okay, stop it. This week I'll do a few rooms every day, and then the whole house will have been swept, mopped, or vacuumed. 


No comments