Three Things I'll Miss About This Home

Brian and I are moving! Only about ten miles from our current rental house, but I'm pretty sad about leaving our first-ever home together.

We seriously lucked out with this place. My parents were stuck with this house's lease (because they had to sign a 12 month lease when they really only needed the home for 5 months) and the timing was perfect for Brian and me to finish out the remaining 7 months of the lease together. Needless to say, the rental house is nicer and more spacious than we would be able to afford on out own, so my parents are helping us pay out the remainder of the lease.

But we're going to get an apartment in a few weeks that's 100% entirely on our own. I'm really excited for the move. We'll finally actually be financially independent. But there are three things I'll majorly miss about this home:

1. Its location. We're moving ten miles away so that it's more halfway between my office and Brian's office. Unfortunately my morning commute is going from 5 minutes to 25 minutes. I really shouldn't complain about a 25 minute commute since Brian has been commuting for 45 minutes every day for two years.
2. Our garage. Never before in my whole life have I gotten a parking spot in a garage. In the winter it was SO nice to park inside. I never had to scrape my windshield. I never had to sit in an ice-cold seat waiting for the car to warm up.
3. Two bathrooms. I know this is such a luxury. We definitely don't need two bathrooms. We don't deserve two bathroom. We don't need to pay rent for two bathrooms. We mostly use the same bathroom already anyways. But it's been so wonderful that we each have our own shower to keep our stuff in and we've never had to wait for the toilet.

So long, sweet house. I'll definitely miss you. 


No comments