Three Ways Marriage is Shocking

Today, Brian and I have been married five months. It's so great. Every once in a while, I'll be like, "He Brian, remember when we lived five hours apart for two years? Remember when we lived an hour apart for a year?" It's crazy to think back that there was ever a time we didn't get to come home to each other every day.



In our five months of being brand new roomies, we have shocked each other many times. It take s a lot to get used to a new roommate!

Three Ways Brian has Shocked Me:

  1. He drinks SO much coffee, every single day. I had no idea how much until I started paying attention to how he makes preps the coffee maker at night.mHe drinks an entire full pot of coffee every day.
  2.  He never thinks about being cold. I wear a sweatshirt, thick fleece pants, and wooly hiking socks to lounge around in the winter time. I'll say, "Brian aren't you cold?!" And he's like, "Oh, yeah, I guess, sorta." HOW does he not let the coldness bother him? I'm so jealous.
  3. His hair is dry within minutes after showering. It makes me red with envy. I guess I "knew" his hair would dry quickly because it's so short, but I am shocked every time I feel his hair and it is completely entirely bone-dry within ten minutes after his shower. 
Three Way's I've Shocked Brian:
  1. I haven't gotten a haircut in about 8 months. When Brian heard that, he was floored and confused. I think he assumed that in eight entire months, my hair would've grown to the floor. For reference, Brian gets his own hair cut every 6 weeks, so 8 months sounds drastic to him.
  2. I have to buy "women's stuff" that costs more. Like, I had a bunch of old undies I was still wearing from high school (embarrassing, I KNOW) and I asked Brian if I can toss them out and spend money on  new ones. I waited for a sale at Aerie and thought I was making a wise, reasonable purchase. And Brian was like, wait what? Why does it cost SO much? Same goes for shampoo and conditioner, bras, tights, lotion,... stuff that a man would never think about getting anything but the cheapest possible option.
  3.  My hair gets everywhere. Every time we vacuum, Brian is surprised by how much of my hair gets stuck in the vacuum cleaner. Every time a mini fluff ball of hair collects in the corner of our bathroom, he's surprised to see it there. I think he's found my hair in his food even two or three times. Oops. Not my proudest moment, but it really shouldn't be surprising at all. 

No comments