Three Steps to a Good Day

Have you ever woken up on the wrong side of the bed? Couldn't bring yourself to perk up enough for school or work? Feel like things are out of control? Here are three things that consistently cheer me up, that you can have total control over. 



1. Find a new outfit. Even if you don't have any new clothes, this is totally possible. Take a fancy blouse you wore to a job interview once, and unbutton it with a cami and jeans. Or throw a sweater over something that's usually reserved for summer. Make it work and then work it! 
2. Give yourself a healthy treat for a meal or snack. Healthy treats are such a win-win. You love eating it and have no guilt. Ideas: grilled wrap from Chick Fil A, mix fruit and granola with low fat yogurt, fresh corn or fresh watermelon, splurge on your favorite salad dressing.  
3.  Change your sheets and shower before bed. I always feel so snugly and happy and clean. It's possibly the best feeling in the world. 

What works for you? Even when you've had an awful day, what little thing can out a smile on your face? 

3 comments

  1. Thanks for this! It's weird how we were writing about similar things at the same time, but we approached it so differently. My blog is more like a diary, while you
    make all your posts relatable to the reader. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your diary style! I always feel preachy and annoying telling people what to do. Whatever though I guess :/

      Delete
    2. Noooo, I think it's great!

      Delete