Sara's Visit Last Week

March 25 was the goofiest day I've had in a long time. My friend Sara visited me all the way from Nashville, and we couldn't stop laughing the entire day.



I filmed a lot of our day, "selfie style," using my phone. It's not great video or audio quality, but it's just fun and entertaining for us. I'm currently working on piecing together the videos into a vlog format. I was planning to post the vlog here today as my "Storytime Sunday," but I need more time. So I'm just gonna buy myself a little more time and post a less interesting post: writing about our day.



We got up and went to get coffee at the cutest coffee shop in Alpharetta. We both ordered lattes, and I tried to be "healthy" and ordered mine with skim milk and sugar free vanilla syrup. We also ate biscuits. Then we went to the grocery store and picked up some goods for making lunch and some stuff I needed for Brian so he could make him mom her birthday pie.

We sat at home doing nothing for a couple hours. We are really good at wasting time at home doing nothing. Brian came home from work after just a half day. Sara and I baked enchiladas and the three of us ate while we watched Chopped on TV. Then the three of us loaded in the car to go to TopGolf.
We arrived at TopGolf and everything was trendy and shiny and high-tech and confusing and loud. The wait time was an hour and a half and the hostess suggested we wait in the bar to entertain ourselves. It was 2:00 in the afternoon. We left and went to Barnes & Noble instead. We messed around, looked at books and games, and Sara got another coffee. It's very easy to stay occupied in a book store. Then we left and went back to TopGolf.

TopGolf was kind of amazingly fun and also incredibly boring and also pretty frustrating. It felt very futuristic, but also golf feels very weirdly old-fashioned. As you can tell, I still don't entirely know how I feel about it. I probably will not go back, since it was expensive. But Brian had been there before and he likes it and we were very glad he was there to explain everything to us. I was terrible at it, and after every swing, I complained, "ow." So that probably means theres something very wrong with my swing.

We went home to wind down for an hour, then we went out for barbecue. It was a restaurant I'd been meaning to try and it was really great. My only regret is ordering vegetables as my side. The menu said "grilled vegetables" but they were gross and mushy and clearly overly-steamed.  But the barbeque was amazing, and I stole some of Brian's french fries, which were top-notch. Our friend Avery joined us for barbeque and then he came over for game night.

We played Hoopla and Jenga. For some reason, Jenga was completely hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing the entire time. We were getting fiercely competitive with one another, which obviously makes any game more fun. It was a blast. Then Avery went home, and we all went to sleep. The end.

The next day (not filmed) we went to a donut shop and ate some delicious delectable delicacies. After that Sara helped me "chaperone" a bunch of preteens from my church going to watch Zootopia at the movie theatre. We freaking loved it. Laugh-out-loud funny. Then Sara hit the road. The Brian and I made a pie for his mom's birthday.


No comments