Brave Enough to Shower

I'm still not great at trying new things. But as a kid I was REALLY terrible at trying new things. I hated new foods, had trouble making new friends, and wore the same striped shirt for my yearbook picture three years in a row. Also I was a butterfly every year for Halloween from age 3 to age 9.

Anyway. As a kid I had a really hard time transitioning from baths to showers. For some reason I thought showers were scary? I specifically remember being a tiny toddler and taking baths with my brother and sister, and then they graduated to showering and I tried to shower with them and I hated it. So I pretty much refused to step in the shower for like ten more years. I didn't like the water splashing on me; I think it felt out of control. I strictly took baths until about 5th grade. That is so incredibly old. Twelve years old, still uncomfortable showering. 

This photo is from todaysletters.com blog post today. I had already decided to write about showers and then I saw her CUTE CUTE CUTE original photo and decided to borrow it. Go read her blog!

Around 6th grade I started transitioning to showers and by 7th grade I was strictly a shower kinda girl. And now, the thought of taking a bath kinda grosses me out (sitting in warm filthy water as it gradually cools? No thanks you!). 

When I was a dummy, I thought showers were scary and baths were the better way to go. 
Now I'm probably still kinda a dummy because I don't know how to sit and enjoy a good bubble bath. But I'm smarter than I was in elementary school!


No comments