Go Braves

This story takes place one the day Brian asked me to be his girlfriend, during the summer in 2012. That day we took a selfie together, but I cannot find the file anywhere, so here is a picture that we took a few weeks later, just so you can see what babes we were and how we were not exactly comfortable with each other yet, hah!


So on the day Brian asked me to be his girlfriend:
It was near his birthday, and we planned to go to a Braves game together. He came over to my house early in the afternoon so we could hang out and carpool. We were putting a puzzle together when he stopped to ask me to be his girlfriend and then admitted he hates jigsaw puzzles and we put that away forever.

We went to the Braves game and had great seats, close to the front and in-between home plate and first base. I distinctly remember joking, "If a foul ball comes my way, you better save me."
About an hour later, exactly that happened. A foul ball was literally coming directly at my face. 100% directly to me me me. Normal people would stand up to catch it, but my first instinct was to cower and cover my face. Brian stood up to catch it, and it landed directly in his hands, but bounced off, and flew about five feet to our right. An old man picked it up and kept it. He didn't even give it to the cute little boys sitting nearby us.

Brian was ashamed, embarrassed, and wanted to crawl in a hole and disappear. Literally it's not that big of a deal, but it was only like our fourth official date so he was definitely on edge!

Here's another picture of us, from a Brave's game we went to last night! Go Braves!



No comments