Three Wedding Day Mishaps

Planing a wedding is freaking stressful. Our engagement was almost a year long, which practically drove me to insanity. I was able to spend too long deciding each detail, and felt a ton of pressure leading up to the big day. Thankfully, on our actual wedding day, once I got to the venue and saw my handsome groom, all the stress melted away and I didn't let anything bother me anymore. A lot went "wrong" but those exact same things were also blessings in disguise.




Unexpected things that went "wrong" on our wedding day.
1. It was very drizzly and humid, so my hair stylist couldn't get my hair to be in a tight enough mound smaller than my actual head! I felt like so much of a diva making her take it out and try again. Oops. After the wedding, when I finally took out my hair pins, there were 97.
2. Our ceremony was much shorter than we though it'd be. We planned 20 minutes to serve communion to all 200 guests, but it only took 5 minutes! So the caterer was scrambling to get the appetizers out in time.
3. The flowers. I asked for pink, peach, and orange flowers, with a little bit of a red accent. Like these inspiration pictures I showed the florist. But I made it very clear I did not want an overall red bouquet. Then I literally got a bouquet of red roses with a few little pink spikey things-- what?! Before I saw any of the flowers, my photographer said, "Wait 'til you see your bouquet, it's awesome!" and that really helped me from breaking down in a bridezilla moment when I saw my red bouquet.

Unexpected things that went RIGHT on our wedding day.
1. It was very drizzly and humid, so we skipped our original plan of taking photos at a local park. We went straight to the venue where there are fewer picturesque options. But our photographer worked her magic and it turned out amazing! Skipping the additional location drastically cut down on travel time and stress.
2. Our ceremony was much shorter than we though it'd be. Directly after the ceremony we took some formal posed family pictures and then Brian and I got to hide out in a little room and eat dinner together privately for twenty extra minutes! It was maybe the most special moment of the day, savoring our first minutes as married partners.
3. The flowers. As I said before, I didn't plan on red flowers being the focal point in the bouquets and arrangements. But the flowers got more compliments than anything else that day! Besides my gorgeous dress of course :)

No comments