Very Busy Season

Two weeks ago, my goals:
1. Eat healthy. (C) Well I definitely am eating healthier than when I set this goal right after vacation, but I'm still never saying no to a sweet treat in my path. Gotta get better. We did learn how to roast garbanzo beans, which is turning out to be a delicious alternative to snacking on chips before bed. 
2. Sleep more. (A-) I'm pretty good at getting enough sleep, since we are usually fast asleep by 11pm and I don't have to get out of bed til about 7:45. But a couple nights I slept terrible, then took naps in the day, then slept terribly at night again... still needing a little recovery. 
3. No unnecessary expenses. (B) Out of two whole weeks I only spent $21 extra dollars. It was on craft supplies and one trip to the coffee shop. So typical of me. 

This week, my goals:
This week at work is chaos because next week is Vacation Bible School! In case you missed this face- I work in a very large Children's Ministry. VBS is definitely our biggest and most complicated event of the year. This last week before the big show is such a whirlwind, and we're now insisting that "VBS" stands for "Very Busy Season."
1. Get all crafts organized for VBS. Getting all the supplies pre-cut, counted, sorted, etc is no easy feat for 500 kids x 2 crafts per day x 4 days. I have a volunteer team coming tomorrow for three hours, but whatever they don't finish I'm all on my own to get done.
2. Learn all the words and dance moves and skits for VBS. This keeps slipping to the back burner and I haven't even started. But the joke will be on me if I don't learn this stuff, since I have to stand on stage and teach song and dance and Bible stories to hundreds of kiddos. 
3. Get to work by 8am each day. My boss is usually pretty flexible since I have to sometimes work non-traditional hours. Sometimes I come in at noon and work til 8:30pm, sometimes I work a normal day, sometimes I have to work 5am to 1pm. So I always keep my own flexible schedule, but this week I have to keep myself coming in early so that I don't get stuck here late at night. 

No comments