Three Things I Can't Wait For

I am a short-term very patient person. Maybe that's an oxymoron but let me give you examples of what I mean. I'm cool, calm and collected in rush hour traffic. And crazy children don't make me lose my temper. And waiting in grocery lines is fine by me. I can wait for dinner to cook, no problem. I can wait for the bathroom if someone else is in there. None of that irks me.

I am NOT a long-term patient person. Like, I constantly daydream about my next vacation, next job, next home, growing family... and I ask Brian every single day if we can get a dog yet.

Three things I am having a really hard time waiting for:

1. Getting a dog.

Even though Brian and I are 100% absolutely not getting a dog while we still live in an apartment, I check petfinder.com every few days. My dream dog would be a beagle mixed with something a little bit larger than a beagle. A month ago there was a litter of beagle/lab mix puppies and I almost died because they were so cute. The one I picked out as "mine" was named Patsy, which is endearingly terrible.





2. Paying off student loans.

Brian and I don't exactly live extravagantly. We think twice or three times before spending on any expense that could possibly be avoided. Neither of us has gotten new clothes (except for using gift cards) in over a year. We only eat out at restaurants about once a month. Our most major expense is that we are paying five times the minimum amount on my student loans, trying to get them gone as quickly as possible. Once they're gone, we'll fell like our income has magically almost doubled! Maybe we'll be able to save up for a little vacation... or a puppy...  or at least I can get a new shirt.




3. A niece or nephew. (siblings' kid or friends' kid)

I am not anywhere near ready to have my own child, but I want a baby in my life! Just to hang out with often, but not to live with, ya know? None of my nearby friends have babies, and neither do my siblings. When I tease my brother or sister about having a kid, now that I'm also married they tease me right back. Ugh. Since Facebook and Pinterest know that I'm a newlywed, I get advertisements for baby stuff all the time, which makes me wish I was going to somebody else's baby shower soon!



The future is fun to think about, ammirite?

2 comments

  1. And now I had to go look at beagle mix puppies online. So cute. You could volunteer at the local pet shelter and pretend to have a dog. At my old place, my neighbor had a dog that I'd borrow and walk every once in a while to have a pet with none of the work or cost. I also had a roommate with cats, so she did all the effort of pet ownership and I had the fun of it. That worked out well for me.

    A friend's kid might be more fun to hang with. A niece or nephew would be inconveniently located on the West Coast. I don't think you can borrow babies as easily as dogs, so I don't have an example substitute for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come borrow Graham with me sometime :)

    ReplyDelete