Dribbling Queen

Very short story today, from this morning... also, I can already tell it's a "you had to be there" kinda story, so I'm sorry it'll be boring to read.

This morning at church we were playing with some Kindergarteners and a large lightweight plastic ball. You know, the kind that they sell in those giant towering bins at Walmart for $2.50.


Anyway, this cutie patootie little girl named Kendall caught the ball and decided she wanted to be casual and cool and sporty, and give it a quick little bounce before she threw it to her teammate.

She leaved over, slammed the ball on the ground, and it came back up and hit her in the face so hard that she fell backwards. I know i'm not supposed to laugh at the kids but I literally started crying laughing.  Right now you are maybe imagining a slapstick cartoon version of this tiny moment, and I am here to tell you that is EXACTLY how it looked in real life. It is replaying over and over in my head and I'm laughing again right now.

She got back up quickly, smiling and trying to be calm, but clearly embarrassed. She said, "Don't worry. I'm okay. That happens all the time." What? It happens all the time and you still haven't learned from that terrible mistake? What if next time you're playing with a basketball on concrete and you literally smack yourself in the forehead and then fall back and get a concussion? Dang gurl.

No comments